Monday, February 21, 2011

A Strange Obsession

Jars. I love jars. I don't know where this obsession came from, but it started in Australia. I found myself washing jars and returning them to our shelf, saving them from their terrifying fate at the recycle center. I'd fill them with all sorts of things from food to crayons. So, you've guessed it! Derek and I are even incorporating jars into our special day to give it a whimsical feel, hence, the jars on the Save the Dates.

We're going to try to turn this... 


Into this...

This will look amazing at night, outside at the venue.

I know we can buy jars for cheap, and they won't come with that funky tomato paste smell in them, but there are some REALLY cool jars out there. For instance, the Traders Joe's Rock Salt Jar; it's one of my favorites.

So, if you see any, snap a picture and send the picture our way, maybe we can find some really unique jars to put in with the ordinary ones.

Our very small collection of jars. The one with the popcorn in it is the
Trader Joe's salt jar. As of now, none of these particular mason jars will be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment