Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Power of a Check Mark

A little Key West Style.
Well, we did it!! Mom and I spent two VERY full days in Key West and had most of the wedding questions answered!! Yay!!

Question: Who will be our florist? 

I don't want to tell you what the flowers will be quite yet, but I will tell you that I'm very excited about what we discussed and have worked out. Jennifer, the florist, and I were on the same page about style, simplicity and price. 

Question: Who is providing the entertainment or music?
Answer: Stan the Man

Stan-the-Man used to work at Mangoes with Derek, and meeting with him was the most productive 15 minutes all day. He's a local firefighter and paramedic during the day and a DJ of 25 years at night. Stan had great energy, good references and will be wonderful to work with. He was very personable, and his wife praised how much he works with his clients to give them exactly what they want. Just what I wanted to hear. 

Question: Who will do my and the girls hair?
Answer: Natalie
I wish I could have brought Natalie home with me. She knew what she was doing, after all she is the 14th hair dresser in her family. Watching her style hair was like watching an artist at work. She was easy to talk to and did exactly what you wanted her to do. I left the studio feeling like a confident Goddess with beautiful hair. 


Question: What will the Menu be?
Answer: Well we've got it figured out, but I'll tell you all later.

Jennifer from Small Chef at Large really worked with us as far as meeting people's nutrition needs and our finacial needs. When I get the official Menu we figured out I can email it if anyone want to see or has any concerns, but for now you'll just have to trust me. 

Question: Who's baking the cake?

I cannot even begin to express the love I have for this caterer. She's giving Derek and I our wedding cake for free as her wedding present to us. Of course, it's small, and we have asked her to make cupcakes for each person, but some other caterers would not have given us that gift of the cake to cut into without a charge.

Question: Where will the Post Wedding Brunch be?
Answer: Blue Heaven

I'm very excited about the atmosphere that Blue Heaven provides, it's the heart of Key West. Everyone has been there and everyone hails the food, mimosas and live music.  Everyone we talked with has waited 60-80 minutes just to have a meal there, so they testified how good the food is. Also, this was one of Derek's favorites places while he was a KW local.


Some Key West Color.
I felt so good about everything and mostly everyone we talked to, with only one exception out of the many that we met with, was amazing. It was a crazy weekend, and there is still a good amount of work left to do, but I feel really great about the way things are seemingly just falling into place. Derek and I should have the hotel situation figured out by the end of the week, so look for a post on that and on our wedding web page. You know, I don't know why everyone freaks out about planning weddings, it's been pretty great so far... knock on wood. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment