Sunday, May 15, 2011

No Keys to Type About the Keys...

I was hoping to do a better job at keeping up on this blog, and clearly I haven't. But it's not my fault... it's my computer that is quickly dying (it's missing about 5 or 6 important keys which makes typing next to impossible). And, I actually have a job now- how do people do it!? lol. Though, I am seriously loving my job, it seems to take up so much time that the wedding planning has definitely taken a back seat. Not really the best thing when it comes to a DIY wedding.

The last blog was all about feeling great with all that's been accomplished, but there is so much left to do, and a little back tracking has happened as well. Our heavenly brunch place, Blue Heaven, is actually going to be closed that weekend of our wedding, so we're back to square one with a brunch location. Our caterer lost our custom tailored menu when her computer crashed, so we are trying to figure all that out again... prices and all.

However, with the months decreasing and the day approaching, I'd like to focus on some positives. Derek and I have put together the majority of our ceremony this morning, which we love so far and are very excited about. It's very personal to us. I now have my wedding shoes, which I am getting used to wearing slowly but surely. We purchased one of the two wedding rings, and the invitations are in the process of being made by yours truly (and I think you all are going to love them). Derek and I finally have our honeymoon figured out. We're going to take a short cruise for a few days. Next year, when we're a little more rooted and there isn't so much going on, the two of us are going to venture to Italy for a longer, real honeymoon. This will give us more time to plan as well as save some money.

Yes, these are the shoes from Sex and the City.

Thank you to Doris and Don who have been so wonderful as to ship us two very big boxes of amazing vintage styled books that match our color palette perfectly, along with more matchbooks. Yay! Things are falling into place for the most part, and I really appreciate everyone being so supportive of Derek and I right now. Also, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for being so great about booking the hotel in that two week period we gave. That helped so much, I'm so excited that we'll all be in the same place, together, for the weekend's events. Also, thank you to my Mom who has been helping out calling places about tent rentals, flatware and anything else we've been throwing at her.

Future Centerpieces!!

 As the day gets closer I get a little more stressed about checklists, not going to lie, but I'm also so very excited. And how about this for exciting and awesome, we have new addition to the family!!
Miss Avery Elisabeth Butts! Congrats again Deb and Chris! :)

The beautiful little Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment